The following provides mandatory data concerning the provider of this website, obligations with regard to data protection, as well as other important legal references involving the Internet site of OmicEra Diagnostics GmbH (www.OmicEra.com) as required by German law.
OmicEra Diagnostics GmbH
Behringstr. 6, Planegg, Germany
We will never knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of sixteen (16) without first obtaining verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 16 you should not provide information to us. If we become aware that a person under 16 has provided personal data to us without verifiable parental consent, we will remove such personal data from our files.
As a rule, your personal data collected by our homepage will not be transferred to third parties unless permitted by law or set forth specifically below herein – on in any future amendment and update of this Privacy Notice – and in the context of our use of Google Analytics and Google Maps.
Exceptions to this rule permitted by law are:
• If the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6 (1), letter b) GDPR);
• If you have given us explicit consent to do so (Art. 6 (1), letter a) GDPR);
• If processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest in the non-transfer of the data that require protection (Art. 6 (1), letter f) GDPR); or
• If the transfer is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6 (1), letter c) GDPR). Transfer to and processing by our IT service providers as our vicarious agents who make this homepage available on the Internet on our behalf is by law no transfer to “third parties”.
If data is transferred to organisations which are based in or whose data processing takes place in a jurisdiction which is not a member of the European Union or a member state of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), before transferring the data we will ensure that (unless a legally applicable exemption applies) that the recipient has an appropriate level of data protection in place (e.g. through a determination of adequacy by the European Commission, through appropriate guarantees such as the recipient being self-certified for the EU-US Privacy Shield, or an agreement in the form of the EU standard contractual clauses with the recipient).
When you visit our homepage, the following personal data is transferred to our web server and retained in a log file:
• IP address of the device you use to visit the homepage
• Time of access to each individual page of the homepage
• Amount of data transferred to your device
• Files retrieved via the homepage
• URL of the page/website from which you reached the selected page
• Browser you are using (type and version)
• Operating system and version you are using This data is retrieved and processed for the purposes of our legitimate interests (Art. 6(1), letter f GDPR) in presenting the homepage so that it meets the requirements of your device and/or browser, and/or to investigate and trace unauthorized attempts to access our IT. We shall make additional use of your data only for statistical purposes only after it has been rendered anonymous. Rendering data anonymous makes it impossible to draw conclusions regarding your identity. Log data will be retained for seven days and then deleted, unless it must be retained for a longer period to trace unauthorized access attempts. The anonymized data derived from the log file is no longer personal data. We will use this data to prepare statistics to improve our homepage and we may transfer it to agencies we have hired to improve our homepage.
Our homepage uses session cookies to speed up your browsing and to prevent you from having to enter data previously entered when you return to a Forms page. Cookies are small text files that are temporarily retained in your browser’s cookie memory and cannot be retrieved by third parties.
As a service provider we cannot read these cookies directly. The cookies can only be assessed and read by your browser when you return to a page on our homepage. As soon as you close your browser the cookie data – depending on the cookies setting in your browser – is automatically deleted.
As a user of our homepage you have the right, on request, to be informed free of charge about which of your personal data we have retained. You can file repeated requests at reasonable intervals. You may also demand the rectification of incorrect data and the blocking or restriction of processing of your personal data.
If personal data provided by you have been retained, you may demand access to that data (right to data portability). If you suspect that your personal data is processed illegally, you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authorities. If you request information on the personal data collected during use of our homepage, we can generally respond to your request only if you inform us of the IP address you used while accessing the homepage. An exception from this requirement is data that you have transferred to us indicating your name or your e-mail address (e.g. in the Contact form).
Also, you have the right to object to us using your personal data for user profiling, if this profiling activity causes a material negative impact for you.
Finally, as a user of our homepage, the law gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data alltogether. You have to understand though that you must then stop using our homepage. A homepage cannot be operated on the World Wide Web without processing personal data (see the section on Log Files above).
As our business changes from time to time, we sometimes need to make changes to the way we collect and use your personal information. Therefore, this Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you of these changes by email and post an alert on the home page of our Website.
If you have questions about this instruction or concerning our use of your personal data, please contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org